I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and are looking forward to fun New Year celebrations. While I am looking forward to 2014 and what it will bring, I’d also like to reflect on 2013 and what I achieved. I don’t often blow my own trumpet, so it’s cool to remind myself of what I’ve done. Here are a few highlights, in no particular order:
- I had a story accepted for Best Erotic Romance 2014, which is due for release in February 2014
- I had a story published in The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica 12
- I contributed to another non-fiction book – Teach Yourself Getting Started in Writing Erotic Fiction
- I had two stories appear in charity anthologies – Coming Together: In The Trenches and Coming Together: With Curves, which I also co-edited with Victoria Blisse
- My first novel was published – sort of. Grand Slam is a BDSM erotic romance co-authored by myself and Lily Harlem, an experience so fun it has spawned the Raw Talent series
- I’ve had longer works published this year, including novel Grand Slam and novellas A French Affair, Mean Girls and Illicit Relations
- I “won” NaNoWriMo with my novel, The Persecution of the Wolves. It’s not yet complete, but I’m hoping to finish it up very soon – it’s run much longer than I expected
- The Brit Babes was founded. This group, which comprises of yours truly, Victoria Blisse, Kay Jaybee, K D Grace, Lily Harlem, Emmy Ellis, Lexie Bay and Tabitha Rayne is part support group (we help each other out, listen to each other’s gripes, spur each other on) and part Street Team, which is where we have a group of fabulous readers that help us get the word out about our books
My total publication count was 30, which includes print and eBooks. This is the same total as last year, but I’m definitely not beating myself up over that, because I’ve had much longer stuff released and have been working on more novellas and novels. I also don’t count reprints.
I also totted up my word count. This includes works not yet finished or submitted, as well as published works, and I achieved a whopping 377,041 words this year. I’m very proud of that, especially since I don’t write full-time, and I don’t even write every day.
Here’s a photo of the paperbacks I’ve been in this year – click the image to enlarge.
All in all, it’s been an awesome 2013! I already have books lined up for 2014 so it’s already off to a promising start. I’m looking forward to it.
Happy New Year!