2012 Round Up!
I’ve been looking forward to writing this post for a while. Mainly because, without sounding big-headed, I’m proud of what I’ve achieved this year. I had some goals, some smaller than others, and I’ve achieved them all. Here are some of them:
- Have a story accepted by Alison Tyler (check – she accepted three! The Big Book of Bondage is released next month, and Sudden Sex in May 2013)
- Have a story accepted by Maxim Jakubowski (check – Quick & Dirty Erotica is due April 2013)
- Have a story accepted by Violet Blue (check – I’m in Best Women’s Erotica 2013 – very excited!)
- Be published by Ellora’s Cave (check – A Taste of London out now, A Taste of Paris currently with my editor)
- Have more publications than last year (check – 25 last year, 30 this year)
Another thing that I’ve achieved that I knew I’d do eventually, but hadn’t specifically earmarked for 2012 was to write a novel. I currently have a first draft of my ménage erotic romance book sitting on my computer, waiting for me to come back and polish it to within an inch of its life.
I also had my first non-fiction piece published, which was an essay in the Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey collection.
My total publication count was 30, which includes print and eBooks, but if I sell the same story more than once, I only count it as one. So I’m pretty damn proud of that!
Here’s a photo of the paperbacks I’ve been in this year – though I’m missing two. Best Women’s Erotica 2013 hasn’t arrived yet, and the same goes for the Seven Deadly Sins anthology. So imagine two extra books on that pile.
Happy New Year, everyone! And here’s to an even better one in 2013 🙂
A quick amendment to this – my copies of Best Women’s Erotica 2013 arrived after I scheduled this post. Also, I totted up my word count this year, and am absolutely astounded to report that I have written 225,672 words! Not all of them are published, of course, but many of them are, some are on submission, and 75,355 of those belong to my novel, which will probably be longer than that by the time I send it to a publisher. Happy New Year!!